Whether you summon a Sanderson sister from Hocus Pocus, Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, or one of the witches from The Wizard of Oz, you can't go wrong with a classic witch costume. The spellbinding idea is easy to make, fun to wear (no matter your age), and seriously on-point for the season.
Depending on how much time you have, store-bought costumes can be worth the splurge; aisles are bound to be brimming with witch hats, brooms, capes, and more this time of year. But if you're feeling crafty, it's actually quite easy to concoct a magical homemade costume yourself.
Get as ambitious as you want when making a witch costume for toddlers or girls. Fashion a witch hat from felt and hot glue, and tie twigs and straw together with twine to craft a broomstick. Tailor the look to the type of witch you want: Now's the chance to show off your wicked personality.
Throwing together a last-minute look? Pull a black dress out of the closet, buy inexpensive accessories, and call it a day. She'll be bewitching either way!
Easy Toddler Witch Costume
Comfort and warmth are key when dressing your toddler as a witch for Halloween. It can get cold by October 31!
- Dress your toddler in tights, boots, and a long-sleeve shirt.
- Add a tutu and witch hat (homemade or store-bought) to get her excited for what's likely her first time trick-or-treating. It's as easy as that—save your energy for other things, mama!
Easy Girls' Witch Costume
Show off her spellbinding style and personality with a witch costume that's uniquely her.
- Start with a black dress for the base—she probably has one hanging in her closet.
- Ask her how she'd like to accessorize. Perhaps with feather boa cuffs (cut one apart and sew for simple bracelets), a wide belt, and even a touch of fun face paint or makeup?
And just in case you run out of time ...
Easy Witch Costume for Women
Every woman has a little black dress in her closet and a tube of red lipstick in her makeup bag. Even better, grab your best girlfriend and dress up together.
- Throw on that LBD and top off with a witch hat.
- Apply red lipstick and press on faux witch nails.